Wednesday 20 June 2012

So, Day Two!!

It's funny, that when I started thinking about it, I have so much to be grateful for, that I had to stop myself over-enthusing!

I am glad I've started this though - it does shift perspective.  Yesterday I had a dink in the car, as the front wing got caught on a kerb when parking - didn't notice at the time, but when I pulled away there was a horrible creaking/tearing noise.  I got out and looked at the drivers side - couldn't see anything, even when ducked down, but as I drove I could hear scraping noises, and the car felt wrong.

Took the car to a local garage, where I know the chaps from previous servicing and repair work they've done over the years.  Getting out of the car I saw, with my heart sinking, the passenger side of the front wing was hanging down over the wheel.  The guys agreed to have a quick look, and took the car round the back. Had the kids with me, with their fish and chips after swimming, and we waited for the result.  Much quicker than expected, a repair had been made - not one that may last forever, but it'll do.  And it cost under £18.  I LOVE those guys - probably saved my marriage!!

Other things I felt grateful for include having wonderful loving and supportive friends; beautiful kids; and a husband who had been to the Oval to watch cricket all day, and then watched England vs Ukraine in the evening, yet still managed to make it home.

For today - we had friends kids over, who I often look after on Wednesdays, but for the last few weeks they've been going home early, so haven't seen my kids.  Tonight they got to play until way past bedtime as the Mums had a proper catch up over a much needed glass of wine in the garden.

So, tonight, Edie chose two things to be happy about:

Thank you Poppy for being my friend again

Happy that Alex & Sam came to play (from largest to smallest, Alex, Sam, Sam, & Edie)

Sam only had energy for one tonight:

thank you Alex and Sam for having a nerf battle

They really enjoyed doing them tonight - will definitely be keeping this up!


No comments:

Post a Comment