Friday 22 June 2012

Time Flies

My little girl had her first morning at school today - 5 years ago she was still in my tummy, and we lived in London.  Now she's getting ready to start school.  Both of us are ready for it, but I know that when I see her in her uniform, on that first proper day, my heart will be breaking slightly.  This morning, she was so keen to get started, she pulled me through the throng of other parents and kids to get as close to the front as she could - I ended up stepping on a little boys foot!

We left her drawing and went for a coffee and a mingle with the other parents.  When we went back to pick her up, she was sat as close to the teachers knee as possible, drinking in every word of the story.  I know that she can't wait to go again next week, and to start full time in September.

Her drawing from this morning made me smile too, so I thought I'd share it;



Bless her!


Can't wait to see what she's going to put in her Gratitude Diary tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment