Sunday 19 January 2014

Cats and Sunday mornings


It's another lazy morning here in the GD household.  I should perhaps add that as well as the human component, we have 2 cats who are now over 13 years old which apparently puts them in their mid 70's in human years.  It doesn't stop them play silly-buggers with each other though - they're brothers and the sibling rivalry between them can sometimes erupt in pretty violent surprise attacks.  I caught one jumping on his brother's head the other day.

As with all cats, they have their own mind about everything.  Throughout the years I've bought them endless cat toys, beds and treats, but none have been regarded with any favour - until now!  How sad is it that I'm totally excited by the fact that this new cat bed has found favour with my furry companions.  So much so that I've had to take photographic evidence that they're using it!



This is Tigger, commenting on how he doesn't like his photo taken

The reason it's up on the table is that's where they often sit, as they watch the sparrows at the bird feeders outside.  Now they can do so in comfort.  I might have to get another one, as they've both been in there, and I don't want my crotchety old cats finding yet another reason to fight - it's like having extra children at times.

And, whilst typing this status up, they both wanted to see what I was up too . . . .



Willow got bored and went back to bird watching, but Tigger finally decided not to sit on the keyboard and just look moody, just out of shot.

They make me smile every day!

Oh, and it was coffee and croissants again this morning - very scrummy and another thing to smile about!

No comments:

Post a Comment