Friday 17 January 2014

New year, new start - and a year on we're going to try again!

The funny thing is, I finally organised myself and made up 3 jars, with beautiful labels, for my Mother-in-Law, Sister-in-Law, and soon to be Sister-in-law for little extra Christmas presents.  Didn't do one for myself though, did I?

Anyway, a year on from my last post, I guess it's time to actually type something.

I'll keep it small - today I met up with my lovely quilting ladies, who came over to my house.  I'm the baby of the group, but they're all lovely, friendly and welcoming.  We were guided by one of the group who's an experienced quilter, and she's leading us, with baby-steps, to a new skill of 'Trapunto' quilting.  We gossiped and talked for most of the session, but we got the general idea.  I've got an idea for what I want to do, which is going to be based on a Charles Rennie Mackintosh rose.  If I actually get my backside into gear, and do the crafting, I'll post some photos.

I'm also happy to have seen the sun today, which appeared in between the heavy showers.

There are many other things, but am starting small!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment